Monday, November 10, 2008

Begging for Whiskyfest

Tara and I are sitting in the world's smallest office in Brooklyn, sipping on Sam Houston Bourbon and Jefferson Reserve. I'm not past begging for Whiskyfest tickets...and we have drunk dialed quite a few members of the alcoholic community.

You would think that two girls BEGGING would lead to some results, but as of now, I've gotten a "maybe I could sneak you in x 3". This is not good as we are Team Whisk(e)y...the e is negotiable.

Tara is pointing out that certain single malts have the word "the" in front of them and we like it. I mean when you say can I have a bottle of Laphroaig, doesn't it sound better to say "could I please have a bottle of The Laphroaig." It just adds a sense of distinguished calling...like a gentleman. I would personally appreciate if customers started asking for me by "is The Elana" available...

Tara would also like to be referred to as "The The" since it could be meant for a plethora of things.

I know I have not updated THE BLOG in a while, but do have many stories to share...especially of a Didier Dagueneau brunch where I drank nothing but DD for 7 hours. I took about two or three pictures of the wines and then 20 of the wiener dogs that were present.

Ok...I think it's time we peace out and get some grub.

No comments: