Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Huge gap in blogging France

I was moving along pretty steadily with getting my trip and thoughts out into the blog world, but then something happened. It was called the International Wine Center. I am finally done with getting my advanced certificate in wine (well I still need to wait 3 months before I see results) and after a few weeks of doing nothing but playing Puzzle Quest and reading book candy, I'm ready to take on the blog again.

Now that I have all this new knowledge of the wine world, I still find myself not using a whole lot of the jargon they taught me to describe wine. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. They teach you to describe words with typical adjectives: fruit forward, oaky, tannic...but I still tend to tell our customers the following: so good it broke my heart, i want to put a straw in it and just drink, killer juice. Then there are my descriptions of some of my favorite spirits: made me break out into a jig, i love to wear it as perfume, or it's like a symphony (that can be used with wine as well). Sometimes you just have to go with that initial feeling.

I promise to finish what I started very soon. More pictures to add...thanks Stuart! Plus there's a big chance I'll be spending some time in September working a harvest...Yay!

No comments: